Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Griffin 5-Fin Modfish Session at Orange Street, Newps

Do all my boards have 5 fin boxes?

Took the newly cleaned up, repaired, and rewaxed Griffin out today, not really knowing what to expect, swell-wise.  Either it was gonna be huge and gnarly, or not.  It was not, but it was fun, a lot of fun.  More fun I had expected.  The board was fun too.  Funner than I funning thought.

That damn Modfish is a really good board.  It's fast.  I don't think he makes anything that's not super fast.  Faster than five fins would suggest.  Faster than___  ok i'll stop with this.

Here are some pictures of it, and the repaired ding.  Don't judge me on my ding repair job please.  You can judge me on other things though, I give you permission.



I took this board out instead of the Infinity because I'm really dreading dinging it, and trying to prolong the time I have it to getting a ding ratio.  Anyway today's session renewed my stoke for this board.

I got some good lefts today, and maybe one that if I were a better surfer would've been able to get a little barrel.

More surf tomorrow, although the swell is dying down..

No comments:

Post a Comment